With the wide application of road stud reflector in domestic high-grade highways and municipal roads, the quality and service life of road stud reflector have received more attention. In the actual application process, the road stud reflector is damaged and the service life is reduced frequently due to installation problems. Based on years of construction experience, the author summarizes the problems that often occur during the installation of road stud reflector, and proposes a reasonable installation method. I hope to discuss with colleagues in the transportation industry.
The following are common problems in the installation process of road stud reflector:
1. Install on the marking line. The marking line is also a kind of resin material, which is attached to the ground, and its connection with the ground has a certain limit. If the road stud reflector is installed on the marking line, then the impact of the road stud reflector is completely transferred to the marking line. In this way, the road stud reflector is easily impacted and the marking line will also be glued.
2. The installation position of the road stud reflector is uneven. The direct consequence of this is that the road stud reflector is not uniformly stressed, and the pressure on the road stud reflector is almost all concentrated on the convex and concave parts. If you encounter a large tonnage vehicle, the road stud reflector is easy to break.
3. The installation location of the road stud reflector is not clean. The firmness of road stud reflector depends on the close combination of road stud reflector, glue and ground. If the installation location is not clean, the dust in between will absorb most of the adhesive force of the glue, which will cause the road stud reflector to be weakly bonded, and it will easily fall off when it is impacted by an external force.
4. The amount of glue is insufficient or excessive. Insufficient dosage will reduce the firmness of road stud reflector bonding and reduce its service life; excessive dosage will cause excess glue to seep out from around the road stud reflector and easily rub onto the reflector of the road stud reflector, affecting its reflection brightness.
5. The glue is not evenly applied. When installing the road stud reflector, the amount of glue should not only be appropriate, but also evenly applied, so as to ensure that all parts of the road stud reflector are evenly stressed and avoid being crushed due to uneven force.
6. The ambient temperature is not enough when the epoxy resin glue is deployed. Epoxy resin glue is a two-component glue. The glue and curing agent must be proportioned according to a certain ratio, and the effect can only be exerted after uniform mixing. However, because epoxy resin glue condenses more severely in low-temperature weather in winter, it is not easy to stir evenly, so it must be heated before use to allow the glue to soften before use.
7. The road stud reflector method is unscientific. When holding the road stud reflector, be sure to hold the two sides without the reflector, so as to avoid the glue sticking to the reflector and affect the reflective brightness of the reflector.
8. Road stud reflector installation hole is shallow, and the hole is fine. This is mainly for the cast aluminum road stud reflector with feet. The cast aluminum road stud reflector has better impact resistance, compression resistance and longer service life because of its part being deep into the ground. However, during the installation process, if the hole position is too shallow or too thin, the bottom surface of the road stud reflector will not be in full contact with the ground, which will affect the firmness of the bonding.
9. The glue curing time is not enough after installation. After the road stud reflector is installed, it takes a period of time for the glue to solidify to connect the road stud reflector to the ground. The author recommends 4 hours during this period. But in the actual process, many people remove the installation isolation facilities less than two hours after installation; in this case, if the road stud reflector is impacted and crushed by vehicles, the lighter road stud reflector will be deformed, and the heavy one will fall off.